Wednesday, January 15, 2014

First WIPocalypse 2014 Update

Cardinal Christmas stocking, by Dimensions. I added some to this cardinal, then had to pull out most of what I'd already done (one stitch off - aargh!), but I think I'm back on track now.

Lo, How a Rose, by Better Homes and Gardens. Made the most progress on this one because I enjoyed it the most, I think because there are so many little finite things to do - a letter here, a motif there - lots of positive reinforcement!

Yo Ho Ho Ho, by Post Stitches. I just had backstitch left to do on this one. First I had to pull some of what I'd done out (wrong color - hand, wrong placement - left side of beard), then I redid that and finished the rest. Here he is washed, pressed, with treasure map charm attached, and ready for framing!

13th Colony Bay, by By the Bay Needlearts. I added some water to this one, but my new skein of DMC 503 is a LOT bluer than the old skein. I checked a bit of old floss in my stash, and it isn't as blue, then bought another new skein - blue again. I'm not sure what to do about it. Might put this one aside for a while.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

I have a sip that is almost finished... It is a model, but the shop closed and they have no record of the color of silk used to finish it... Of course I ran out, and the dye lots are different. So. I now have to frog out that entire section and do over with a different but similar color. Oy. I definitely empathize with putting it away for a loooooong time.

Rachel said...

Fun group of WIPs! I LOVE that Santa!